We often see black chalkboard walls in classrooms,work spaces or even in the kids room but how about using it in your own bedroom… Would you be open to the idea?
I have seen someone using it which creates a nice, design statement in a room that was fairly plain to begin with, besides the French windows..
However, chalkboard paint adds something that traditional paint doesn’t and that is…TEXTURES .
Love it or hate it, once you’ve written a few messages and then wipe them off to write new ones, chalk adds texture and character to a wall and a room like nothing else does.
I say love or hate, because personally, I love the look and texture of chalk writing on a wall (+ it makes a really nice background to take potraits) but I don’t like the feel of chalk on my fingers, which is a small detail and I’m adding it to “the list of things I need TO GET OVER WITH” but it’s pretty much what stopped until then.
Then, I look at these beautifully styled bedrooms, their white crisp cotton bedsheets this gorgeous knitted blankets,and think that it would actually look really really nice to spend some time in a bedroom like this, don’t you think!?
If you need a bit of convincing, here are a few good reasons to make the jump:
- you get to create an ever changing headboard,
- you can write down inspiring and positive affirmations if you’re trying to do what I’m doing …
- you can pin a few pages from your favourite magazine and change the display as often as you wish
- you can write loving message to the love of your life
- It will only take you half a day to completely transform the look of your bedroom by painting one wall with black chalkboard paint
- It’s an inexpensive makeover too !!